ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL 10ml
Circulatory | Nervous | Digestive | Courage | Clarity | Mood
Warm, slightly sweet, woody fragrance with tonic properties for circulation and nerves. Pungent, spicy, medicinal aroma to clarify and energise mind and uplift mood.
Thyme essential oil is derived from the steam distillation of the flowering tops of the Thymus vulgaris plant. Historically, it's said that thyme was used in embalming, as well as for religious ceremonies, and funeral rites.
As a tonic oil, thyme is used for the circulatory, digestive and nervous systems. Its warming properties are helpful as a circulatory stimulant that is excellent in massage blends to relieve cramps and muscular aches, ease stiff joints and combat fatigue. With natural antiseptic, warming properties thyme can help reduce mucous, and clear sinuses. Emotionally, thyme essential oil has been used for courage and revitalisation, mental clarity, and uplifting moods.
Uses & Benefits
- Diffuse sweet woody aroma that is uplifting and energising.
- Massage after blending to stimulate circulation, relieve cramps and sooth away fatigue.
- Apply diluted in very small quantities to troublesome skin. Inhale as a decongestant.
- Blends well with Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Marjoram, Rosemary, Lavender, Pine.
- Do not ingest Lily & Loaf Essential Oils. Never use undiluted.
- Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
- Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
- Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
- Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity - may cause skin sensitising or irritation. Not for use during pregnancy, or by those suffering from high blood pressure. External use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mucus membranes, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or using prescription medication, consult your Doctor or qualified health care practitioner before using essential oils. Not recommended for use on children under 12 years. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach and sight of children. The information provided is for educational purposes only.
ESSENTIAL OIL: 100% Organic White Thyme - Thymus vulgaris
PLANT PART: Flowering Tops
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distillation